- Elstar electron column with the next-generation UC+ technology enables high resolution secondary and backscattered imaging even at low voltages
- Advanced Phoenix Ion Column with Fast Beam Blanker
- High resolution milling not only at high voltages, but even down to low voltages critical for production of high-quality lamella with minimal damage layers for TEM
- Beam currents extend three times higher than previously available
- Sample stage is a 150 x 150 mm eucentric piezo stage with an in-chamber Nav-Cam for accurate positioning of samples
- EasyLift EX NanoManipulator enables fully or semi-automated TEM sample preparation, significantly reducing the time required to produce specimens.
Sample Publications Using this Instrument
G.A. Pan, D.F. Segedin, H. LaBollita, Q. Song, E.M. Nica, B.H. Goodge, A.T. Pierce, S. Doyle, S. Novakov, D. Córdova Carrizales, A.T. N’Diaye, P. Shafer, H. Paik, J.T. Heron, J.A. Mason, A. Yacoby, L.F. Kourkoutis, O. Erten, C.M. Brooks, A.S. Botana, and J.A. Mundy, "Superconductivity in a Quintuple-Layer Square-Planar Nickelate," Nat. Mater. 21, 160–164 (2022) and Highlight #50.